Malaysian Labour Law
INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS ACT 1967
INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS ACT, 1967
PART I PRELIMINARY
1. Short title.
2A.. Appointment of Director General for Industrial Relations.
PART II PROTECTION OF RIGHTS OF WORKMEN AND EMPLOYERS AND THEIR TRADE UNION
3. Expression “trade union”.
4. Rights of workmen and employers.
5. Prohibition on employers and their trade unions in respect of certain acts.
6. Leave on trade union business.
7. Prohibition on workmen and their trade unions in respect of certain acts.
8. Reference of complaint to Industrial Court.
PART III RECOGNITION AND SCOPE OF REPRESENTATION OF TRADE UNIONS
9. Claim for recognition..
10. Prohibition of strike, lock-out, picketing and termination of service pending recognition of a trade union.
11. Trade unions accorded recognition.
12. Trade unions not accorded recognition.
PART IV COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AND COLLECTIVE AGREEMENTS
13. Collective bargaining.
14. Collective Agreements.
15. Restrictions on collective agreements in certain new undertakings.
16. Deposit of collective agreements.
17. Effect of collective agreement.
PART V CONCILIATION
18. Reference of disputes for conciliation.
19. Information, documents and compulsory conference for conciliation.
19A. The Minister may conciliate in any trade dispute.
19B. Representation in conciliation proceedings.
PART VI REPRESENTATIONS ON DISMISSALS
20. Representation on dismissals.
PART VII INDUSTRIAL COURT
21. Industrial Court.
22. Constitution of Court.
23. Divisions of the Court.
23A Qualification of President and Chairman of industrial court.
24. Protection and immunity to member of the Court.
25. Registrar and officers.
26. Reference of trade disputes to the Court.
27. Appearance and representation at proceedings before the Court
28. Power of President to regulate procedure and proceedings.
29. Power of the Court.
31. Agreement during proceeding.
32. Effect of an award.
33. Interpretation and variation of awards and agreements.
33A. Reference to the High Court on a question of law.
33B. Award, decision or order of the Court to be final and conclusive.
PART VIII INVESTIGATION AND INQUIRY
34. Investigation and Inquiry into trade dispute.
PART IX TRADE DISPUTES, STRIKES AND LOCK-OUTS AND MATTERS ARISING THEREFROM
38. Pupils not to take part in trade disputes.
41. Breach of contract liable to injure person or property.
42. Conspiracy in trade dispute.
43. Restrictions on strikes and lock-outs in essential services.
44. Prohibition of strike and lock-outs.
45. Illegal strikes and lock-outs.
46. Penalty for illegal strikes and lock-outs.
47. Penalty for instigation
48. Penalty for giving financial aid to illegal strikes and lock-outs.
49. Protection of persons refusing to take part in illegal strikes or lock-outs.
50. Offences seizable, and no bail to be granted.
51. Prosecution of offences under this Part.
PART X MISCELLANEOUS
53. Appointment of public officer.
54. Exclusion of evidence as to certain matters.
56. Non-compliance with award or collective agreement.
59. Injuring a workman on account of certain acts.
60. General penalties.
63. Repeal and savings.
Copyright (c) 2011 pesaraonline.net All rights reserved.